Rank 5 Arsenal will host third place Tottenham at the Emirates Stadium in matchweek 14 Premier League 2018/19, Sunday (02/12). The North London Derby will be the venue for the battle of two city rivals whose performance is equally convincing.
Arsenal are unbeaten in their last 18 matches in all competitions. Meanwhile, Tottenham have always won in their last six matches in all competitions.
Last week, Arsenal beat host Bournemouth 2-1 through Jefferson Lerma’s own goal and winning goal Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang. Unai Emery’s men then beat host Vorskla Poltava 3-0 through goals from Emile Smith-Rowe and Joe Willock and Aaron Ramsey in the Europa League.
Tottenham is more brilliant. Last week, Tottenham won 3-1 to host Chelsea through Dele Alli’s goals, Harry Kane and Son Heung-Min and gave the Blues their first defeat. Mauricio Pochettino’s men continued with a 1-0 win at home to Inter Milan in the Champions League thanks to a single Christian Eriksen goal and success in keeping up the qualification for the last 16
For this derby, Arsenal still have to monitor the fitness of Alexandre Lacazette who missed the match against Bournemouth due to injury. Emery also can’t play Konstantinos Mavropanos, Danny Welbeck and Nacho Monreal.
In the stronghold of Tottenham, Pochettino is estimated not to be able to play Erik Lamela who suffered a thigh injury against Inter Milan. To be sure, right-back Kieran Trippier, duo midfielder Victor Wanyama and Mousa Dembele, and central defender Davinson Sanchez still have to pull over due to injury.
- Arsenal and Tottenham can always score in the last 34 North London Derby in the Premier League.
- Arsenal are unbeaten in their last eight home games against Tottenham in all competitions.
- Arsenal are unbeaten in their last 11 matches in the Premier League.
- Tottenham have always won in their last six matches in all competitions.
- Tottenham have always won in their last five away matches in the Premier League.
- Arsenal have the advantage of playing at home. But seeing their performance, Tottenham should be able to secure at least one point.